Nolimit City Releases Sequel to Fire in the Hole and Misery Mining – Dead Canary Out Now!
Starting today, Nolimit City fans can go to their favourite NLC casino, where they will find the newly released Dead Canary slot. It comes just two weeks after the Pearl Harbor xSize launch and is special because it’s loosely from the same popular series as Fire in the Hole and Misery Mining. And you know what that means! – A fresh take on proven mechanics like xBomb that can produce explosive wins of up to 65,000x.
Per Lindheimer, Product Owner at Nolimit City, commented on why they decided to go mining again: “We thought our favourite angry dwarf deserved a happy ending. Such a journey won't be easy though - but we’ve made sure it’s incredibly fun and entertaining. Stock up on tonnes of explosives, heaps of treasure, and a handful of trusty old canaries to scope out those dusty mines.”
Expanding reels and ways to win are distinctive features of the series, and Dead Canary is no exception. However, it does offer a new type of experience that ELK Studios fans may recognise from games like Cygnus – diagonally rolling symbols. It’s not an easy game to learn, but if you’ve played any of the two predecessors, you’ll get to grips with it relatively fast, as the core mechanics are fairly similar.
There are many things to follow within the base game and the two main free spin bonuses. This includes explosive symbols that create avalanches and unlockable multipliers that can now be found in the base game too. Here's a quick overview of the main features:
- Wild Mining – triggered when 3—5 of the same symbol align diagonally, and there’s no other winning combination. Creates 1-3 Wild bomb symbols between the matching symbols, which can increase the win multiplier for the next collapse.
- xBomb Wild Multiplier – explodes symbols in a cross pattern next to it and increases the win multiplier by 1.
- Canary Freespins – triggered by 3 Canary Scatter symbols. Plays on a new reel with four locked vaults in the corners that collect multipliers which can be unlocked by xBomb explosions. Features multiple special symbols, including a persistent payer, the Rat, inspired by Relax Gaming’s Money Train.
- Golden Canary Freespins – comes with a Golden Canary symbol that attracts not only coins nearby but also across the entire row.
- xBet – getting into the Free Spins bonus is a chance of 1 in 197 spins, which is not bad for its extreme volatility. However, you can choose to pay 40% more for each spin to tilt the probability in your favour.
- Bonus Buy – pay a 68x bet to trigger Canary Freespins and a 500x bet to enter Golden Canary Freespins or 284x for a lucky draw between the two.
In summary, Dead Canary is not a slot you’d want to miss if you’re into volatile games. There’s a lot of depth in this release, all of which has been made possible by ingenious math that the team has once again come up with to entertain their fans during the festive holiday season.