Tom Horn Gaming Casinos
Tom Horn Gaming is a casino games developer headquartered in Malta. It was founded in 2008 and created over 100 slots with a few table games for good measure. The studio has acquired licenses around the globe, including the UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority and ONJN of Romania. Despite the extensive experience, their games are generally unknown by the player community, but that may change soon. Learn more about this determined developer below, or give them a try at one of the rated casinos below.
Tom Horn games are relatively simple, without many bells and whistles. That means limited bonuses and features, which doesn’t make the content particularly exciting when paired with games made with bigger budgets at A-class studios. The slots generally have decent artwork and production, but the more experienced players may spot some compromises, like in the SFX department. While it may be intentional, we noticed that many of their games suffer from poorly balanced gameplay, with infrequent base game wins, but which are occasionally compensated with oversized wins, which we like.
Tom Horn Gaming Slots & Games, RTP and other Features
We didn’t spot many distinctive Tom Horn slot features, but there are a few, especially in their newest releases. The more recent slots tend to have the double-up gamble option, and a bonus buy. While playing their slots, you should mind the lack of small bet denominations, making their games largely unfit for players with smaller budgets. Another thing to note is that their slots tend to have a relatively small maximum win potential, usually between 1-2k. /p>
We think every serious slot enthusiast should also mind the RTP, which in Tom Horn Gaming slots can come in dual configurations. We’d say Tom Horn slots have an average RTP of 95%, which is lower than the industry average. And that doesn’t consider the 92% RTPs that some of their games can have if the casino chooses. Be careful, though – although the company holds the highly-coveted UK license, the developer’s games may be offered by the lesser-licensed casinos that may not show their RTP within the games.
Generally speaking, Tom Horn online slots tend to have fewer pay-lines and a couple of bonus features at best. While they have games with very similar settings, we wouldn’t rush stamping them as blatant re-skins due to meaningful variations that separate them. We wouldn’t put their games into the top-class productions category, but there are more than a few that we’d play again and would recommend you try to get a good sense of the Tom Horn experience.
- 243 Christmas Fruits – this slot plays with 5 lines that can expand up to 243 when a Re-spin feature kicks in. It’s also their first slot to use the QuickX function, a bonus buy with five choices costing between 20x and 100x. It’s a relatively uncomplicated slot but offers surprisingly significant win potential and has a 50/50 gamble feature that some will find helpful. Fans of this game may also want to try 81 Frutas Grandes, which has a multiplier wheel bonus level, and 243 Crystal Fruits Reversed.
- Dragon vs Phoenix – the highest-paying slot in Tom Horn’s portfolio must be this game, offering up to 5,684x in winnings. It’s a medium-volatility slot with 4 reels and 16 pay-lines, half of which pay in one direction and vice versa. The main feature is the choice between two Wild symbols, a Dragon Expanding Wild and Phoenix Mega Wild, both of which become active in the free spins bonus.
- Frutopia – if you like fruit slots, this is one of their more unique games in this category. This futuristic fruit-themed slot has an expanding reel that can grow pay-lines from 1 to 125 with level-up symbols. Reach the highest level to unlock 10 Free Spins with 125 fixed win-lines where you can win up to 3,190x bet. The only thing we don’t like about this game is the low RTP of 92.08%. Another recommended Tom Horn fruit slot would be Fruits Go Pop! with Expanding Wilds and Free Spins with an x2 multiplier.
- Mine Mine Quest – how about a cluster slot for a change? Get 5 or more matching symbols in a cluster to win up to 223.6x your bet. It’s one of their first attempts at this type of game, featuring a couple of main-game symbol boosters and a free spins bonus with both a Giant Symbol and a Wild String collection feature. We’re also looking at a healthy RTP of 95.41%, which is one of their best, and medium volatility.
- Spacejammers – this would be Tom Horn’s version of Gonzo’s Quest, featuring an increasing multiplier in the base game and a 2,500x max win potential, which tops many of their other games.
- The Secret of Ba – if you like Book-themed slots with an expanding symbol in the Free Spins, give it a shot. This 9-line slot has an RTP of 95.94% and a win potential of 500x.
- Cricket Mania – one of their few sports-themed slots that Microgaming’s popular Star series may have inspired. It features Expanding Wilds on reels 2—4, and a Free Spins bonus with 27 ways to win vs 40 in the base game. It’s played with high volatility and a single 94.84% RTP.
- Rot Stormo – has a 2,000x max win potential and a 100x bonus buy for the hold-and-spin jackpot bonus.
Many partner platforms are distributing their games. In addition to the licenses mentioned above, you can play their games with peace of mind in countries like Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Isle of Man, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Serbia, Ukraine. Even though Tom Horn games are largely unknown and don’t have a widespread following, we’d encourage you to give them a test run, as you might be in for a good surprise.